Pangle Paradise

Pangle Paradise
our group

Saturday, August 23, 2008

He's playing football... aaahhhhhh!

My baby is playing football! Well, okay - I know he is not a "baby" anymore... but he will always be MY baby. And now, I get to watch him get hit on the football field. He is playing for the CCA 6 man team - and he LOVES IT! All this time of practice toward the end of summer - it's been difficult to make myself go watch. I squint my eyes while he leans over to get in a tackling position for offensive lineman. I just have such a hard time watching him run head first into a group of guys ~ knowing that it's inevitable ~ he will most likely be going down to the ground... HIT. OR... he will be pulling someone else to the ground. Last week at practice ~ he came home telling me how he tackled the best player on the team! This year he is on the second string - as are all the 6th grade boys. These second string boys are getting lots of play time... and scrimmaging against the first string players a lot. He was proud to share how ~ he just held on tight and wouldn't let go ~ until the other guy (the "best player on the team") was down on the ground. (one of the other mom's let me know later - he was a little rattled afterward, because he hit HARD with this other kid). I was such a proud mom - as he shared his experience with me... BUT, I need to wear a restraint suit to the game... so as to not run out onto the field to scoop up my baby and take him back to the bleachers ~ We love Coach O'Conner... and this past week ~ CCA won our first scrimmage against Fort Worth Academy. GO CRUSADERS! I guess it gets easier as the season goes on... I'm just glad he is LOVIN' life!

2 comments:

NanaBanana said...

YEYYYYyyyy Crusaders!!

love the pics!!

Love Nanabanana

Audra Cain said...

Hi Guys! This is Brett. Nicole, I hear your new hubby, Scott, knows a bit about triathelons. If so, I have some questions- I am doing my first at the end of October. Would you please ask him to give a call at (817)223-1738. Please tell Logan hello and I can't wait to watch him play football!